LinkedIn actually had hashtags as early as Sep 2010, they were called ‘Signal’ (not Signals) and were retired in July 2013 because apparently not enough people used them. LinkedIn was a very different platform back then, non-influencers couldn’t write articles or posts (until 2014), there was no content algorithm, no followers, users hung out in groups, remember them? Hashtags got a new lease of life on LinkedIn in Feb 2017, initially mobile app only and then they became available for desktop use last summer (July 2018). As with so many other newly added features (messaging, native video, live video, and most recently reactions) LinkedIn is playing catch up and taking its cue from other social channels.
In April 2018 LinkedIn conducted a small ‘test’ which forced users to use hashtags. Some perturbed users were unable to post without adding a hashtag.
Weirdly, now not a lot is understood or possibly, supposed to be known approximately hashtags on LinkedIn. I say this because the information shared with LinkedIn customers within reason rudimentary, to mention the least. For instance, whilst hashtags seemed, there had been no recommendations on exceptional practices. Some LinkedIn users assumed the greater the merrier. A lot of people are grew to become off by way of posts which might be dipped in hashtag soup. Spammy. Thankfully Pete Davies, Senior Director Of Product Management these days recommended that we must all use no extra than 3 hashtags per put up and all the realistic LinkedIn denizens nodded, sighed in relief. The those who were guilty of hashtag stuffing their posts Instagram style, complained, glaringly.
Pete also cautioned that hashtags can help a put up get a higher ranking in a person’s feed relying on the hashtags they comply with: “If a connection makes use of a hashtag you furthermore may show up to observe, it gets an additional boost”. All well and properly – but how do if someone else follows the same hashtag? And here comes the rub, you don’t. I suggest you could ask them however that’s just not feasible. Besides, asking every person what hashtags they observe feels like something an engagement pod would do.
Also, need to we be using our personal made-up hashtags or simply use the famous ones followed by using plenty of human beings? How do we understand whether or not a hashtag is definitely popular? No one seems to have a conclusive answer. I think if we have a choice of three, it is able to make experience to apply 1 for our own branding functions and the opposite 2 for popular hashtags which might be 100% applicable for the content.
Wouldn’t or not it’s splendid if we knew which hashtags were being searched, used, or clicked on the maximum? Of path, we don’t have that records both. Although we do have ‘Hashtags trending on your network’, which you may discover through clicking on ‘My Network’ and clicking on ‘See all’ inside the Hashtag segment. Not very insightful even though, still doesn’t help us with concentrated on.
And then there’s the phantom trending notification. Why phantom? When you click on the hashtag feed (‘View hashtag’), it certainly doesn’t seem like it’s trending. But did you notice? None of the content in ‘Top’ below your post is trending, that’s for sure and when you refresh the url, you’re not at the top anymore. Very confusing LinkedIn. Are we doing well. Or just doing?
So What Hashtag Data DO We Have?
LinkedIn shows us total follower stats for every hashtag used on LinkedIn. That’s it. One more thing, LinkedIn makes it incredibly difficult to find out which hashtags have the most followers. You have to conduct search, after search, after search. Painful.
It’s almost as if LinkedIn doesn’t want you to have this data. LinkedIn provides it begrudgingly in piecemeal fashion. Maybe they’re doing this because they don’t want you to focus on the most followed hashtags? They did the same thing with LinkedIn groups years ago, stopped ranking them by size.
So What’s A LinkedIn User Supposed To Do?
Luckily for you, I’ve compiled the ‘HOT 100 LINKEDIN HASHTAGS’ list.
This data was recorded on July 14th 2020.
Do you need more data? I’m offering my own personal research tool, the “1,000 HOT LINKEDIN HASHTAGS Master List” for sale.
This is not an e-book where you have to copy and paste each hashtag, padded with free info you can get anywhere on the web, this is an essential business/research tool. The threshold for my tracker is that all hashtags in my spreadsheet have a minimum of 10,000 followers or more, the excel is populated with all of the popular (most followed) hashtags I’ve found during my exhaustive and painstaking research over the last 3 months. Think of being able to quickly access all of that industry/sector/interests/topics/current affairs information, data and content in seconds! This is THE ONLY business research tool of its kind on the web, and it can be yours for the price of a frozen pizza.
- 25 Twitter Marketing Tools You Need to Dominate TwitterOver 320 million people use Twitter every month. Marketers cannot deny that the platform has immense marketing potential. Many Twitter users follow and frequently engage with the brands they are interested in. So this is definitely not the time to ignore Twitter. You need to figure out the best ways to engage with your target audience on
- I am surprised many people are not using these tools!!Img BB Host images for free, it even has a API which you can use to upload images and it returns you a URL. Requestbin Send API requests to this tool and it captures everything, Headers, type of request, body data, response time etc. SVGOMG Remove unnecessary meta data and excess things from a SVG
- 50+ free tools and resources to create awesome user interfaces“You’re only as good as the tools you use” This saying has been around for years and highlights the importance of using the correct tool for the job. This motto applies to hundreds of different fields and disciplines, and luckily for us, to the design too. From my experience as a senior product designer, there
- B2B Marketplace – Easy Way of Doing Online BusinessBusiness today has become very competitive. Cutthroat competition demands more visibility than ever before. Companies try to reach out to their prospective customers through all conventional means primarily through print and television media. However, envisaging a change, some forward-thinking businesses do realize the importance of creating their own online identities and they end up developing
- 10000 Search Engine Queries for your Link Building CampaignHere, I present to you, the most exhaustive list of beginners and advanced search engine queries which can help you greatly in finding potential linking partners. You can also use CTRL F + ‘Search Term’ to find what you are looking for. Find Websites where you can Find Industry Resources Keyword + “top 10 resources”/”top
- Free Marketing Tools Your Competitors Hope You Never FindGrowth Tools Discover tools to grow your startup Scraping